Administrator

BRAINSTORM - Wall of Skulls

Beitrag von Fenria »

BRAINSTORM – Wall of Skulls
Label : AFM Records
Release Date : 17.09.2021
Genre : Hard Rock / Power Metal
Rezension by Fenria Streetteam Berlin

Es schlägt Dreizehn bei den deutschen Powermetalern von Brainstorm. Dreizehn deshalb, da sie mit ihrem am 17. September 2021 erscheinenden Album, Wall of Skulls, nun mehr Ihr dreizehntes Album veröffentlichen. Und selbiges hat es wirklich in sich. So hat die Band vom Vorgänger, Midnight Ghost, welches das bislang erfolgreichste Album der Bandgeschichte war und auch aus der Corona Pandemie, so krass dies auch klingen mag, einige Vorteile gezogen. So knüpft das neue Material nahtlos am Vorgänger an, was sich sofort an der Härte der Songs und Riffs bemerkbar macht. Messerscharf feuern Brainstorm Track für Track auf den gewillten Hörer ab. Man spürt förmlich den Willen nach mehr. So wird auch verständlich wie eine Aussage wie, „die Pandemie gab uns, auch wenn dies krass klingen mag, die Zeit alles zu verbessern was für uns noch nicht perfekt klang,“ zustande kommt. Auf alle Fälle hat die Band diese Zeit sehr gut genutzt und so entstand ein Album, welches mit seinen zehn Songs plus Intro von Anfang an überzeugen kann. Powermetal wie er nicht besser sein kann, Made in Germany, diesen Stempel hat Wall of Skulls allemals verdient. Jener Metalhead der hier ruhig sitzen bleibt, ist in meinen Augen Taub oder gar schon tot. Für mich ein echtes Highlight in dieser noch immer völlig verdrehten Zeit. Rock on and Bang your Heads….

It beats thirteen among the German power metalers from Brainstorm. Thirteen because they are now releasing their thirteenth album with their album, Wall of Skulls, which will be released on September 17, 2021. And it really has it all. The band has benefited from its predecessor, Midnight Ghost, which was the most successful album in the band's history to date and also from the corona pandemic, as blatant as this may sound. So the new material ties in seamlessly with the predecessor, which is immediately noticeable in the heaviness of the songs and riffs. Brainstorms fire razor-sharp track by track at the willing listener. You can literally feel the will for more. This also makes it understandable how a statement such as, “The pandemic gave us, even if this may sound blatant, the time to improve everything that did not sound perfect to us”. In any case, the band made very good use of this time and so an album was created, which with its ten songs plus intro can convince from the beginning. Power metal as it can't be better, Made in Germany, Wall of Skulls has definitely earned this stamp. The Metalhead who sits quietly here is deaf or even dead in my eyes. A real highlight for me in this still completely twisted time. Rock on and Bang your Heads….

Bild

Setliste

Chamber Thirteen
Ravens Fly
Solitude
Escape the Silence
Turn oft he Light
Glory Disappears
My Distopia
End of my Innocence
Stagmatized Shadows Fall
Holding on